Online Meditation Retreat
(Streaming - Zoom)
START: Friday, January 29, at 5:45 p.m. (Canary Time)
END: Sunday, January 31, at 1:30 p.m. (Canary Time)
(Greenwich Mean Time: GMT+0)
We present you the next online retreat for the weekend with full moon in January 2021. This should give us a lot of good energy for awakening, psychic strength, vigilance and wisdom. As we have done on previous occasions, we will use the Zoom platform to make this online retreat. The experience so far has been very positive so we are happy to repeat it with you one more time.
The retreat will be for three days, beginning Friday afternoon through Sunday lunchtime.
Dhiravamsa will give instructions in English and there will be simultaneous translation into Spanish.
On Friday, January 29, we will connect to the Zoom platform at 5:45 p.m. (Canary time), to check that we all connect well and understand the dynamics of the Zoom platform. At 6:00 p.m. (Canarian time) we will begin the retreat starting with the welcome and practical instructions for the three days. Then Dhiravamsa will give some basic instructions on meditation and we will do a sitting meditation.
On Saturday, January 30, we will do a full day of silent practice. We will be connected from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Canary time) with a complete program of meditation, instructions, dharma talk and guided chi kung or individual exercise (chi kung, yoga or any other physical exercise that is of your preference).
On Sunday, January 31, we will continue with the practice according to the day's program until lunchtime. Finishing around 1:30 p.m. (Canary time).
I am attaching the complete program below.
(More information on how to sign up below)
Many thanks to all of you, we hope you are well in these uncertain times and we hope to see you soon.
With all our love,
Jutima Janine y Dhiravamsa
More information and contact:
Tel. + Whatsapp: (+34) 622.214.171.124
The Four Sublime States of Mind and Heart - brahmavihâra dhamma
1. Mettâ (universal and unconditional love accompanied by all good wishes for self and other)
2. Karunâ (compassion, empathy, restored action, kindheartedness, and compassionate bond)
3. Muditâ (empathetic joy over the success of others)
4. Upekkhâ (equanimity, rectitude, impartiality, unconditional acceptance of equality and the basic human rights, as well as the emotional and mental equilibrium/even-mindedness)
We will focus on the practice of Ânâpânasati (Mindfulness with breath) and Mettâ (universal and uncondicional love and best wishes). Right understanding and practice leads us to full awakening.
REGISTRATION OPEN UNTIL THURSDAY, JANUARY 28 AT 20h
1. Have an account with Zoom and check that Zoom is up to date. Be registered with your Name and Surname to be able to identify who is connected to the meeting. You are asked to avoid using nicknames.
2. Make a deposit of € 30 in the account that will be sent to you after registering. Send the receipt of the income to: email@example.com, as well as your data to register (name, surname and email).
3. After receiving the admission receipt, the meeting number and the zoom password necessary to access the meeting will be sent to your email. The meeting number and password will be the same for the three days (January 29, 30 and 31, 2021).
4. Friday, January 29: START OF THE MEDITATION RETREAT at 5:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Canarian time - Greenwich Mean Time: GMT+0)
7. Saturday, January 30: SILENT MEDITATION RETREAT
8. Sunday, January 31: SILENT MEDITATION RETREAT